Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Feeding Your [Home] Crew

While delicious, homemade ravioli
are not on my list of easy,
make-ahead dinners...unless
I have some extra waiting in my freezer.
I have a gig coming up. All day. And I'm not complaining, because making film is what I love to do--it's what we all love to do, those of us who have embraced filmmaking as a way of life.

But what about dinner?

I'll be home in time to eat with my family, but definitely not early enough to cook for them. And though I have a few staples that I have come to rely upon--thank goodness for the crock pot!--a multi-day shoot means that I will soon exhaust my small supply of old reliables.

So what are your favorite make-ahead dishes? Share them with us below in the comment section, or email them to us and [eventually] we will compile and publish to our website the easiest, tastiest recipes.

2 comments:

  1. Today it's a late-afternoon meeting. So I prepped dinner at breakfast and put it into two crock pots: chicken teriyaki with peach applesauce and orange juice, and peeled, sliced white taters layered with onions in Herbs de Provence & garlic powder. With that we'll have fresh lettuce from our garden and sliced oranges. And for dessert: Butterscotch Bundt Cake. A good, easy hot-day meal to make ahead even without the late-day meeting or all-day shoot.

    What are You having for diner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trader Joes ..... ;))
    am currently traveling...looking forward to my cousins amazing cooking in Germany ....
    fun to swap recipes on set while @ the crafty table...crockpots are famous....a huge salad with crusty french bread, good cheese & a glass of chardonnay ..... ;)

    ReplyDelete